Relationships, Intimacy, Sexuality: The Do’s and Don’ts for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
Presented By: John C. Simoneaux, PhD
This workshop is designed to help you:
1. Discuss the most recent data regarding the scope of the problem relating to sexual abuse and the developmentally disabled.
2. Analyze the complexities of legal standards as they relate to sexual abuse/victimization with specific attention being paid to legal competencies.
3. Explain the emotional/legal/social consequences of sexual abuse/victimization to the developmentally disabled survivors and perpetrators of sexual abuse.
4. Utilize treatment strategies and behavior management techniques as they relate to survivors and perpetrators.
5. Apply techniques to ensure community inclusion for developmentally disabled individuals with problems relating to sexuality.
6. Critique the legal rights of developmentally disabled individuals relative to sexual expression and behavior.
7. Discuss relevant examples of sexual education programs for those with developmentally disabilities.
8. Create behavior management strategies for a variety of problematic sexual behaviors on the part of individuals with developmental disabilities individuals.This workshop is pre-approved for the following CEUs:
Social Work: 6.0 hrs
Nursing: 6.0 hrs
Psychology: 6.0 hrs
LPC: 6.0 hrs
Substance Abuse Counselors: 6.0 hrs